Sunday, March 13, 2011

What is a date?

So as you all know, I'm not a big fan of dating in the city. It hasn't quite been the best experience for me but being that I'm staying here, I'm giving it another shot.

One of the things that I can't stand about dating is that half the time I'm not sure what's a date and what is not. I mean I guess the word date means something different to everyone. To me, a date is when someone asks you out, whether it be to dinner/drinks or whatever, and they pay for it. These days that definition seems to be so obsolete, at least in my experience. Perhaps I'm attracting the wrong kind of guys. I don't know but there have only been a select few that have been gentlemen about it. I mean, I always offer to pay for my food/drinks but if someone asks me out, I expect him to pay. It's all just very confusing and frustrating. All I know is that first impressions are everything and if a guy throws the bill in front of my face after he asked me out and it wasn't even expensive ($20 really?) I'm out. And yes, that really happened to me.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments: