Saturday, July 21, 2007

Interpol!!!

The other day I bought the long-awaited new Interpol album, "Our Love to Admire." It took me several days to listen to the whole thing because I like to listen to songs a couple at a time. After having listened to the whole thing I've decided that my top three songs are as follows:

1. Rest My Chemistry - A song about taking a break from drugs/partying.

2. Scale - Not 100% sure what this song is about but I love it anyway. The song just has a great sound even if the lyrics don't mean anything to me. ;)

3. No I in Threesome - This is a song in which Paul Banks asks his lover to try something new, i.e. a threesome. This is the perfect guy song. I wonder how many guys will dedicate this song to their girlfriends.

Naturally I went for the gloomiest songs on the album. (See playlist below) That's one of the things I love about Interpol. A lot of their songs have a gloomy sound to them. As a result, they've quickly become my favorite band. (sorry Strokes. I still love you!) I don't think I would say this is my favorite album by them though. I still like "Turn the Bright Lights" better.

Anyway, today was great because I got my Interpol tickets in the mail! (finally) I'm so excited that they added dates in Florida. Now the countdown to September 19th begins! :)

No comments: