Friday, January 25, 2008

Mission Impossible?

If you know me you are aware of my love for Diet Dr. Pepper products. I'm a big diet soda freak and my favorite was Diet Dr. Pepper until the release of Diet Berries and Cream Dr. Pepper. It's the greatest soda ever invented (imo) and I usually stock up on it. My addiction is so bad that at work people know I'm there if they see a can of it in the break room. Lately, however, I have been unable to find it anywhere. I wasn't too concerned at first because it had a tendency to sell out but I'd usually find it a couple of days later. It has now been over a month since I've had the pleasure of drinking that delicious drink and I am beginning to worry. My sister who lives in Ohio said that she hasn't seen it in a long time either and brought up the possibility of the dreaded "D" word - discontinued. Is it possible? Could my favorite soda in the whole world have been discontinued? Will Diet Berries and Cream Dr. Pepper become merely a memory? Will I have to add it to my list of favorite things that have been discontinued? (stay tuned for that list)

Well, I am off for the next couple of days so I have decided that my mission this weekend is to find this soda. The last time I went to Walgreens the other day there was still a sign on the cooler with the Berries and Cream label so there's still hope. I refuse to give up. I will go to every Target, Walmart, Publix, and any other place that might have it until I find it. I shall report my findings in a couple of days. Wish me luck!

No comments: