Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Weird timing


Life is weird. Several months ago I was on here bitching about how I hadn't met any cool people in FL. After a while I had met a couple of new people (primarily through work and still not as many as I would've liked) but it didn't matter as much because I was busy with work and most recently had made the decision that I'd be moving away, so it didn't really matter to me anymore. My focus shifted to just getting ready to head out. Anyway, the other night, per one of my Yelp buddies' suggestion, I decided to attend something called an "Art walk" in Miami's Design District. The walk happens every second Saturday of each month but what differentiated this one from all the rest was that this particular Saturday would be a gathering of some of South Florida's Yelpers. (If you don't know what Yelp is, click on the link to find out) Anyway, the event pretty much consisted of walking from art gallery to art gallery while acquiring free alcoholic drinks (trick-or-treating for adults as I referred to it). It was a great time but one of the best parts was meeting new and interesting people, proving that there are indeed some cool people in Miami. ;) I knew there were, I just hadn't met any and had kind of given up. It's just funny how things happen when you least expect it.

Within the past couple of days I've also been getting e-mails from old friends I haven't heard from in a while. Weird, but very cool. ;)

Anyway, here's a pic from our outing on Saturday night!

1 comment:

Liz Traks said...

i agree completely. saturday was an unexpected awesome. i mean i knew i loved the gallery walk, but i have to admit... i was a little nervous meeting everyone. apparently i didn't need to worry though, cause you guys were all so nice. i'm really glad you made it out!