Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Laundry day postponed, yet again...

I hate most household chores but on the bottom of my hate list was always the laundry. Why? Because all you have to do is throw your clothes in the washing machine/dryer and let it do its thing for however long it takes. However, my new apartment does not have a washer/dryer on premises because it's a small, older building which means a dreaded visit to the laundry mat is required. I haven't visited a laundry mat since I lived in my dumpy apartment in Belleville, NJ. Back then there was one around the corner so it wasn't terrible. Still not a pleasant experience but at least it wasn't far.

Anyway, I haven't done laundry since I moved out of Aventura which was a little over a month ago. I meant to do so about a week ago. I even put my laundry in my trunk. However, the day I was going to try to do it, I had a list of other errands I had to run so I figured I could always do it "tomorrow." Well, like I said, that was about a week ago. I've been driving around with my dirty laundry in my trunk since and the hamper in my closet is now full again with even more laundry to be done. How sad is that? Needless to say, right now the number one thing I am missing from Aventura is my washer/dryer.

Maybe I'll do my laundry tomorrow. ;)

No comments: