Sunday, June 28, 2009

Guys in NY are weird...

So I've officially been back in Brooklyn a month and although I'm from here, I am still getting used to it. One thing I'd forgotten about NY is how forward and overly self-confident guys here can be. Just last week I had a couple of random happenings.

Wednesday I went to a bar in Williamsburg for this Yelp elite event where I met some new people, a couple which were guys. Now, although I am single, I was really just looking for some new friends. This one particular guy seemed nice, fun and actually lived in my neighborhood (which was kind of far from where we were) so we talked a lot and ended up taking the train back together. Anyway, I was in one of my "I hate guys" moods and mentioned this on several occasions. I'm not sure what part of that he didn't understand or why he would think that he could be excluded from my sentiment, but apparently he did because when we went to say good-bye for the evening, he went to kiss me. What was that about? We were not on a date, I never acted like I liked him that way, I was just being nice. I guess around here being nice can be misinterpreted for being flirty? I don't know, but I am far from a flirt.

Then the next day, I was dressed up to go to this Nokia party at the Marquee in NYC and I was wearing this black Kenneth Cole wrap dress which was a bit lower cut that I am used to but I wanted to look hot so I went for it. That was slightly annoying. While waiting for a train, some guy walked over and stood in front of me, looked me over and told me I looked sexy. Then another guy kept staring at my cleavage while on the train as well as the guy at the news stand where I bought a Redbull. I'll never understand why guys think cleavage is so exciting. They're just breasts! And why must guys in NY always go out of their way to tell you they think you look hot? This has happened to me several times since I've been back and never happened while I lived in Florida or even in NJ. must be a NYC thing. I guess guys are are just more confident or they think that can get them somewhere. It's weird.

Dating in NYC is sure going to be interesting!

No comments: