Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 4 without Diet Dr. Pepper

So the other day I decided I would try to stop drinking so much Diet Dr. Pepper. Anyone who knows me pretty much thinks of me whenever they see a can of Diet Dr. Pepper because that's pretty much all I ever drink (well, besides alcoholic beverages). On average i drink 3-4 cans a day (sometimes more) which is a lot. My addiction is so bad that if I don't have a can in the morning, I'll get a bad headache and feel lethargic.

Anyway, the other day, I decided to cut down on my soda intake. In fact, I decided to see how long I could survive without drinking any soda at all. I had tried to cut back once while I was in Florida by replacing the soda with Crystal Light, and I was doing quite well for a while, but somehow I regressed to my old ways. This time I have managed to survive 4 consecutive days without even one can of Diet Dr. Pepper! I haven't felt as bad as I thought I would but it hasn't been easy. Yesterday (Day 3) was especially bad. I was feeling really tired and didn't run as long as I wanted. Today was better but still a tough time at the park. I mostly power walked. I'm not sure if I was feeling tired because it was so humid out or because of my lack of caffeine. It's really hard to say. I wonder if I should've tried to quit more gradually. I'm not sure how much longer I will continue to avoid Diet Dr. Pepper but I can't say that I miss it as much as I expected.either way, my plan isn't necessarily to stop drinking it entirely, I just want to be able to avoid being dependent on it to function on a daily basis. Maybe I shall have a can tomorrow, or maybe not...

No comments: