Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Jersey Day of Fun

So yesterday I spent most of my day in South Jersey by myself. I went for a couple of reasons, the main one being that I had to get my car serviced and I refuse to get that done in Brooklyn. I just don't trust places around here. You think I'm crazy huh? Well no one knows better than I that people in Brooklyn are out to rip people off half the time and I refuse to put myself in that position. Plus I had gotten this lifetime alignment at Tire Kingdom and it just so happens that the closest one to me is located in Maple Shade which is where I used to live. So I went there to get my tires aligned as well as an oil change. I also figured that while I was there I could do some grocery shopping since they have better grocery stores than we have here in good ol' BK.

Anyway, I went on my merry way. I had hoped to meet up with my friend Jason but unfortunately he had to work late and my Facebook invite to hang out with any other South Jersey friends went unnoticed, so it was all me. I didn't mind it much, especially since the purpose of this trip was mainly to run some much needed errands.

While I was there I realized that part of me missed NJ. Being back there was like being back home, mainly because I spent 7 years of my life there (not all in S. Jersey). There are things that I didn't like about it while I lived there but overall, it wasn't bad. I have a lot of good memories of times spent there with friends, adopting my first dog, starting a new job; so many things that have shaped my life and made me who I am today. Everything you do in your life and everyone you meet affects your life in one way or another, and NJ had played a big role in mine. I'll always have a special place for it in my heart.

No comments: