Saturday, November 22, 2008

Home Sweet Home?

So as most of you know, I live in a small 1-bedroom apartment in Hollywood with my dog, Perry. This is the first apartment I've ever had to myself. I always had a roommate and never lived alone so the whole experience is rather new to me. I wasn't sure how I would react to being by myself because I'm not a huge fan of doing things solo. It has now been three months since I moved out on my own and although I have been ok with the living alone aspect, one thing I am lacking is a sense of feeling at home. Maybe it's because I'm missing all the nice furniture and commodities I had enjoyed for so long, or maybe it's because my apartment isn't as nice as the ones I lived in before. Perhaps it also has to do with the fact that I don't really like living in Florida, but whatever the case may be, I never come home and feel like it's "home sweet home." I wonder what it'll take for me to feel that way again. I miss coming home and feeling comfortable and wanting to be there more than anywhere else, or really looking forward to being there at the end of the day. Maybe things will be different at my next location. We shall soon find out!

No comments: