Sunday, May 27, 2007

SPF 100?

So I'm on a mission to find the best sunblock out there. The reason being that I tan very easily. I learned this when I lived in Arizona and would tan regardless of how high my sunblock's SPF was. The highest I found back then was SPF 45 and no matter how much I would apply on myself I would still tan. Granted I walked to school so I spent a lot of time outdoors. I always thought that the sun was just stronger in AZ and that was why nothing seemed to work very well. That is until I moved here.

As I've said before I like to go running at night but with my schedule that is not always possible. I sometimes work evenings which means that I have no choice but to go running in the daytime. Unfortunately this usually results in me acquiring more tan lines than I already have despite the fact that I always apply sunblock before heading out.

Originally I was using an SPF 30 spray-on sunblock. It's great because it's a mist so it's easy to apply everywhere without having to get your hands all greasy and you can apply it evenly throghout. I thought SPF 30 would be sufficient especially since I wasn't planning on spending too much time out there. However, it hardly does anything for me, even on cloudy days. Every time I go running in the daytime I end up with new tanlines. I have a couple of different ones on my shoulders and back because I have 2 different style tanks that I'll wear. I'm starting to look freakish so I decided to try to find a better sunblock.

The other day I went to Target and found a Coppertone 50 SPF spray-on sunblock. I was really excited because that's the highest SPF I've ever used. Surely this had to work, at least better than the 30. So I tested it today. I covered myself in sunblock and went for a 6 mile run. I couldn't wait to get home to see the results! But guess what? I still managed to tan! So now not only am I disappointed but I'm tanner than I want to be. :( I guess it's back to the Target sunblock aisle. If I don't find one that works I might have no choice but to start wearing long sleeves and pants.

No comments: